Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The selfish side of me


Yesterday, the band went to Manila for their visa interview with plans of traveling for 2 1/2 months come February together with the Tilka family to help raise more support for the ministry here in Cebu. A lot really prayed for them and praise God, He's so gracious as always for allowing them all to get approved...so glad that they'll get the chance to experience the beauty of America, one thing that I sure hope I'd be able to experience again. I do miss the four seasons, well, in Atlanta, you get to experience all four in one week..hehehe. I miss Chick-fil-A, Buffalo Wild Wing Cafe, Walmart, SuperTarget, the after thanksgiving sale at Macy's, and most of all....the people that I've met and established friendships with that I always think of.
There was a side of me that felt so jealous when I heard the news that they'll get to go and for 2 1/2 months at that...man, that's a long time and I'm not there with them, I thought to myself, and yet I remember I spent more than 10 years in the States. For most of them, it'll be their first. I felt so ashamed of myself that I thought that way.
A couple of Sundays ago, Pastor Les talked about learning to celebrate openly the success of others as you battle your enemy within. It's truly a reality check on my part realizing that God knows every minute that happens to each one of us and He is concerned about how we react or respond to situations. It just goes to show that God loves us so much in spite of those monsters within that we all battle. I don't think I'll be here in Cebu if it weren't for situations that happen in our lives...events that at times we question God why He allowed it and later on finding out why He did....

So grateful that YOU never get tired of me.

I just can't thank YOU enough LORD for YOUR goodness, YOUR mercy and YOUR love.

No comments: