Tuesday, November 20, 2007

YOU MATTER TO ME!


This morning we had our staff devotion and Pastor Les shared to us an email that was sent to him by a Quest attendee. It was just a different feeling knowing that even though some volunteers don't think that what they did really mattered, it made a big difference to someone who felt welcomed and at home. This family already moved to a different part of town but what struck me most was what they said... what was instilled in their hearts at Quest they will carry with them everywhere they go.
I remember the time that I was very involved at North Point and yet I felt I wasn't ministering to anyone. I felt discouraged wondering if what I was doing, honored and pleased God. Then as I walked across the lobby a lady came by and told me that she's been wanting to tell me for quite a while how a blessing I was to her and her family because of the way I worshiped. Boy, talk about divine providence, I knew God sent her to me.
There may be times we feel that what we do is not important but you can never really tell. Someone just might be wanting to tell you you've been a blessing to them but it's just that they can't seem to find you because you were in one corner feeling sorry for yourself......

No comments: