Friday, December 7, 2007

Servants


A few days ago I had one of the most humbling experiences I've ever had in my life.   Our normal Friday devotions was a bit different when the team from North Point handled it. We were asked to stay in the office while they prepare the living room for something I wasn't really expecting they would do.  So up we went to the stairs and once I saw what clearly was out of the ordinary, I just started crying.  The team from North Point all stood like servants standing in line and from where they were sat 4 basins filled with water.  At this point, everyone was crying or at least some were pretending to have a speck in their eye.  We all know what Jesus did to the disciples prior to their supper as He washed their feet showing signs of humility and servanthood.  I felt so embarrassed as Billy washed my feet, I just can't stop sobbing.  It just really made it so personal, as if, we actually were the disciples.  It really made me think about how my relationship is with the Lord.  
Thank you North Point team for allowing us to check our hearts and our motives in all that we do.  You have truly made an impact in a lot of the volunteers' lives including mine.  You are such a blessing!

No comments: